European carbon futures were trading around the €85 a tonne mark, below an all-time high of €99 touched in August 2022, as lower natural gas prices reduced the gas-to-coal switch, and weaker industrial output curbed industrial firms' demand for permits. Meanwhile, EU policymakers clinched a deal to raise €20 billion from the region's carbon market to finance its strategy for cutting dependence on Russian energy. Member states agreed that 40% of the funding would come from front-loaded government auctions of emissions allowances and the remaining 60% through sales of permits earmarked for an innovative technologies fund.

Historically, EU Carbon Permits reached an all time high of 99.22 in August of 2022. This page includes a chart with historical data for EU Carbon Permits. EU Carbon Permits - data, forecasts, historical chart - was last updated on January of 2023.

EU Carbon Permits is expected to trade at 82.61 EUR by the end of this quarter, according to Trading Economics global macro models and analysts expectations. Looking forward, we estimate it to trade at 72.09 in 12 months time.

Ok
Trading Economics members can view, download and compare data from nearly 200 countries, including more than 20 million economic indicators, exchange rates, government bond yields, stock indexes and commodity prices.

The Trading Economics Application Programming Interface (API) provides direct access to our data. It allows API clients to download millions of rows of historical data, to query our real-time economic calendar, subscribe to updates and receive quotes for currencies, commodities, stocks and bonds.

Please Paste this Code in your Website
width
height
EU Carbon Permits



Price Day Month Year
Baltic Dry 677.00 -26.00 -3.70% -45.84% -48.00%
CRB Index 304.32 2.30 0.76% 0.77% 14.08%
LME Index 4,403.50 18.50 0.42% 11.05% -5.92%
S&P GSCI 3,543.07 29.65 0.84% 1.28% 15.69%
EU Carbon Permits 93.26 5.16 5.86% 0.70% 3.90%
Wind Energy Index 310.83 -0.16 -0.05% 5.39% 1.97%
Nuclear Energy Index 1,525.29 2.93 0.19% 5.55% 12.07%
Solar Energy Index 366.59 1.07 0.29% 11.46% 19.28%


EU Carbon Permits
Trading Economics Carbon Emissions Allowances Prices are sourced from the European Union Emissions Trading System (EU ETS), the world's largest cap and trade greenhouse gas emissions market. Allowances for carbon emissions are first allocated considering EU directives for the maximum amount of greenhouse gases that can be emitted. Allowances for carbon emissions are then auctioned and traded.
Actual Previous Highest Lowest Dates Unit Frequency
93.26 88.10 99.22 0.01 2005 - 2023 EUR Daily