The Colombian economy expanded by 4.6 percent year-on-year in October of 2022, following an upwardly revised 4.4 percent rise in the previous month. Output grew faster for services (6 percent vs 5.3 percent in September) but slowed for industry (4 percent v 6.1 percent) and it contracted for primary activities (-3.5 percent, the same as in September). source: Dane, Colombia

Leading Economic Index in Colombia averaged 4.00 percent from 2001 until 2022, reaching an all time high of 25.30 percent in April of 2021 and a record low of -20.00 percent in April of 2020. This page provides - Chile Leading Composite Index - actual values, historical data, forecast, chart, statistics, economic calendar and news. Colombia Leading Economic Index - data, historical chart, forecasts and calendar of releases - was last updated on January of 2023.

Leading Economic Index in Colombia is expected to be 6.70 percent by the end of this quarter, according to Trading Economics global macro models and analysts expectations. In the long-term, the Colombia Leading Economic Index is projected to trend around 2.00 percent in 2023, according to our econometric models.

Ok
Trading Economics members can view, download and compare data from nearly 200 countries, including more than 20 million economic indicators, exchange rates, government bond yields, stock indexes and commodity prices.

The Trading Economics Application Programming Interface (API) provides direct access to our data. It allows API clients to download millions of rows of historical data, to query our real-time economic calendar, subscribe to updates and receive quotes for currencies, commodities, stocks and bonds.

Please Paste this Code in your Website
width
height
Colombia Leading Economic Index



Calendar GMT Actual Previous Consensus TEForecast
2022-12-19 07:00 PM Oct 4.6% 4.4% 3.7%
2023-01-18 04:00 PM Nov 3% 4.6% 3.9%
2023-02-15 04:00 PM Dec 6.7%


Related Last Previous Unit Reference
Industrial Production 4.50 5.30 percent Nov 2022
Total Vehicle Sales 9829.00 10763.00 Units Nov 2022
Leading Economic Index 4.60 4.40 percent Oct 2022
Industrial Production Mom 0.30 -0.20 percent Nov 2022
Cement Production 1193547.55 1249315.38 Tonnes Nov 2022

Colombia Leading Economic Index
In Colombia, the leading economic index ISE summarizes the activity of different economic sectors in a given month, anticipating future movements in GDP. The index aggregates the dynamics in economic activities such as production in industry, agriculture and other sectors, accounting for 78.8 percent of total index while dynamics of certain products such as rice, fruit, milk, footwear and drinks account for the remaining 21.2 percent.
Actual Previous Highest Lowest Dates Unit Frequency
4.60 4.40 25.30 -20.00 2001 - 2022 percent Monthly
2015=100, NSA

News Stream
Colombia Economic Activity Grows at Faster Pace
The Colombian economy expanded by 4.6 percent year-on-year in October of 2022, following an upwardly revised 4.4 percent rise in the previous month. Output grew faster for services (6 percent vs 5.3 percent in September) but slowed for industry (4 percent v 6.1 percent) and it contracted for primary activities (-3.5 percent, the same as in September).
2022-12-19
Columbia ISE Grows 4.23% YoY
For the month of September 2022, the ISE in its original series stood at 122.96, which represented a growth of 4.23% compared to the month of September 2021, falling from a 9.0% YoY increase in the previous month. As for the series adjusted for seasonal and calendar effect, for the month of September 2022, it stood at 97.68, which represented a decrease of 3.58% compared to the month of September 2021. On a month-by-month basis, the ISE represented a decrease of 0.14%, compared to the month of August 2022.
2022-11-15
Columbia Activity Rebounds, Economy Still Hot
The Colombian economy expanded by 8.6 percent year-on-year in August of 2022, following a 6.4 percent rise in the previous month. This is far avocet the consensus forecast of 7.5% and TE’s estimate of 7.9%, showing robust demand, which could add to inflationary pressures. Construction and manufacturing jumped 3.4% MoM vs -0.1% in July, agriculture and mining rose 3.2%, and services 0.9% vs -0.5%. Overall activity rose 1.4% MoM.
2022-10-18